Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Field Trip Time :)

Hello everybody!  I'm just having a grand time here in Jerusalem :).  Except school is kind of a lot..... and stuff.  But it's cool it's cool.  Me and Garry and Nat are still having a grand old time here trying to fit in all the laughter that we can...


Here's Garry and Nat on our way to Hebrew University so that we can get on good old FB!!

Here I am standing in front of the sign for the Jerusalem Center, Tel Aviv, and the Mount of Olives.

Here's me and Garry just as excited as can be!

This is me and Nat standing in front of the beautiful view of the city.

 Yesterday we went on our first field trip!!... This is the Taya let.  (I probably spelled that wrong).  This building has a lot of significance with Samuel the boy prophet in the old testament. It is currently a Jewish synagogue today.

Here is the Augusta Victoria chapel.  Sweet tennis right???? haha awesome!

Here is a cool pic that I found there depicting Adam and Eve getting kicked out of the Garden of Eden.

Here's Alvin, me, and Garry with the Dome of the Rock in the back ground.

There's the Dome of the Rock.  Isn't she beautiful??

Here is Bethlehem.

We found a real shepherd!!! He was carrying a little sheep up the mountain.  So precious :)

Here we are overlooking Bethlehem :).  We got to sing Christmas songs at the end of April and it was awesome because this is where Christ is born!!!
 

 I'm just here eating all I can haha... Trying not to indulge in their way more delicious chocolate than we have in the U.S.!  It's way too good to pass up!  I need to work on my resistance... Anyway, just here enjoying the amazing historical sites and the fun friends that I am making!

Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Shell!! I'm so excited for you! And posting comments on here is super weird because it starts right to left.. I feel so backwards.. Anyways, I'm glad you seem to be having an awesome time! I'm so jealous! Love ya girlie

    ReplyDelete