Wednesday, May 9, 2012

This Past Week

Hello world,

I know it has been a while since I have posted.  No worries I got some great pics on this one!  Everything here in Jerusalem is great :).  Just going to new sites every day and enjoying the rich history behind everything.  Here are some pics from this past week...

Here we are at the place where the pool of Bethesda is.  We are standing a little bit away from the actual pool where Christ healed the lame man who could not walk to the pool before the others people.

Here is one of the pools.

Here is a random wishing well that we found.

Me and Garry at our finest!

Here is the actual pool of Bethesda!!!  The water is really old, so it 
looks like the water could be from Christs time, but could very well not be.

This is my roomie Ashley and Garry at Golgotha right by the Garden Tomb... 
You can see the hill on the right.

Here I am with the city behind me.

We went to Tel Aviv on Sunday and partied on the beach!  
It was so nice to have a fun break :)

This is us eating delicious gelato's in Tel Aviv.

Here is the field trip that we went to on Monday.  
That's me and David standing in front of a true desert.

This is the Valley of Zin.  This is where Moses and his people wandered for forty years before they went to the promised land.  And yes, they made us hike this bad boy.  It was sweaty and awesome!!!

Here's me and Alvin in front of the remains of the first temple that the Jews built to God.  This was also known as the "Temple of Solomon" in the Old Testament.  It dates back to 1000 BC!!! Crazy right??

Last but not least, I had to post this pic because you can only find this shirt in Jerusalem.  
When I saw it I could not stop laughing! haha isn't it so great??

I am having such a fun time here!  We are headed to Turkey on Sunday and will be there for a week!  I am sooooo excited :).  We are going to go to so many cool places.  It's going to be a blast!  I am sure that I will have more pics after that trip :).  Peace from the Middle East dudes!

No comments:

Post a Comment